C H R I S T M A S
When designing homes this season, decorating the dining table is as important as the Christmas tree (well almost). Sparkle this season with our interior design decorating tips for your dining table.
1. Choose a colour scheme and stick to it. Choose up to 3 colours (max) in crockery, textiles and glassware, making sure they all complement each other.
2. Be eclectic and use different styles of crockery and glassware. Mix & match if needed but stick within your chosen colours. It will work!
3. Linen table cloths and napkins add a sense of occasion and sophistication. Keeping these plain helps highlight your personal touches and creative ideas. Feel free to scatter some chestnuts or crystals around your table to add extra texture.
4. Placemats will anchor the setting and add interest and texture to the table, then add both a dinner plate and a side plate on top.
5. Fill various vases and pots with spare baubles and twinkle lights to create a centre piece with a difference. This will also create a focal point for the celebrations.
6. Give your guests plenty of arm and leg room.
*Tip: Place utensils 2cm from the edge of the plate and line them up evenly. Utensils in the outermost position are used first (for example a soup spoon and a salad fork, then the dinner fork and the dinner knife then desert utensils.) Always place the blade of the knife towards the plate.
7. Bring a sense of the season indoors by adding a seasonal flower to each guests’ setting.
*Tip: Tie some sprigs of rosemary or seasonal holly and berries in a bundle.
8. Add some frost to your guests drinking glasses by dipping the rim into sugar. A sweet and simple touch.
*Tip: Position drinking glasses and/or wine glasses to the top right of the place setting.
9. Add a warm glow to your table setting with some candles of all shapes and sizes. These could be tiered to add dimension to your setting.
10. Wow guests with a small wrapped gift. This makes a thoughtful name setting and finishes the look. (A gift-tag with a personal message is also sure to put a smile on your guests’ faces).
Our experts can help answer any questions you have – simply get in touch:
028 4062 2666